Do you want to make your salads tempting? Are you in search of a spicy condiment for your meat dish? Then you can opt for the pickled hot peppers without a doubt. You can prepare this spicy accompaniment within 15 minutes. Want to make it less spicy? No problem. Remove the seeds of the peppers to lower the heat.
Recipe Of Pickled Hot Peppers
The combination of three different peppers, namely Serrano peppers, banana peppers, and jalapeno peppers make this dish incredibly yummy but fiery too.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Banana peppers – 1 ½ pound, cut into slices of 1 inch
- Jalapeno peppers – 1 pound, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Serrano peppers – ¼ pounds, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Vinegar – 6 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Garlic – 3 cloves, crushed
- Onion – 1, chopped
How To Make:
- Take a large pot and add the water in it. Put it on high heat. Add the slices of Serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers as well as banana peppers to the water. Now mix the garlic, onion, and vinegar. As they start to boil, reduce the heat and let them cook on low flame for around 6 minutes.
- When done, take it off the flame. Take 2-3 sterilized jars. Pour the peppers along with the liquid in them. Make sure to leave ¼ inch space at the top of each jar. To get rid of the bubbles, you need to tap them at the counter. When you are done with tapping, cover them with two-piece lids.
- Take a canning pan of large size and fill it with water. Now place the jars in the rack of it so that they are completely dipped in the water. Let them boil for about 15 minutes. After that, take out the jars and keep them in the fridge.
Using Pickled Hot Peppers In Different Manners
Once you made it, you can use it in different ways.
- Are you making a sandwich? Mix some of the pickled peppers with the sandwich filling. Feel the deliciousness along with fieriness in your mouth.
- If you are making a taco or burrito or a quesadilla, you can take out the peppers from the jar and chop them up and add to them. Your taco or burrito will taste heavenly.
- These hot pickled peppers are ideal for making a palatable salsa. Chop the fresh tomatoes as well as onions and mix with two tablespoons of the peppers to make a spicy salsa.
- Want to spice up the pizza or a flatbread? Chop the pickled peppers and sprinkle them on your flatbread or pizza and feel the difference in your mouth.
- These are also perfect for making any hot sauce. For example, you are making hot chili sauce or spicy tomato sauce; you can add some of these peppers in them to give a twist.
- And as I said earlier, they are ideal for adding to any salad, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
- If you wish to add a punch of flavors to your bland meat dish, nothing could be better than these spicy peppers.